lördag 8 december 2012

Winter 1 - Chris 0

I know. I am not a very good Canadian at all. But I just can't take this cold weather. Winter has appeared too fast so my body has not adapted yet to a Göteborgsk -15C even though I have been trying all week. The clear message came on Thursday when I made superb 100m sprint, missed the spårvagn I was trying to catch and immediately had trouble breathing. This was at a time when I had twice as much clothes on as I would in a race situation and I had only been outside for about 5 minutes. This should not happen.

So I just didn't see the point is risking my health in Vårgårda, especially when I am not really even healthy. I read about a kikhosta explosion right now and my symptoms could be a mild form. To be honest I have no idea because I always react differently. I have been having an Actimel every morning for about 2 years now and that does help to prevent those little small colds. By the way any yoghurt will do the same thing, I just find it more convenient with the Actimel. But I still get the larger flu and colds yet I don't really feel as sick as I probably am. Training also tends to make me feel better if I am a little bit sick. But really this is all dangerous because I never really know when I am seriously sick anymore.

Since most of us are at the gubbe age we should be taking our health more seriously. While training helps to delay some problems they still come sooner or later. Earlier this year my father has a routine screening check for cancer and they found some and were able to remove it before it spread. He was very very lucky. But I know that he had high blood pressure for many years before they discovered it and that made it harder to treat with medication. So we really need to listen to what is going on inside of our bodies.

I know I have a reputation of DNSing and to be honest the majority of those before this year were money-related. I couldn't afford it and I realized that at the last minute. But this year's DNSs are all health (except Sunne) so I don't know whether to see that as positive or not. Anyway it has been a nice CX season and a lot of people should be thanked for that. And hopefully conditions will be a bit nicer for Luciacrossen next weekend.

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade