onsdag 5 december 2012

Tufo or Blue Extra?

Since Sunday I have been running around feeling all cheery because I feel normal again after my cold. And yet I have still been waking up with a sore throat and I still sneeze and cough at random intervals through the day. So I suppose I am not really healthy afterall but that does not seem to be bothering me. The bother of the week is obviously the weather. And normally I am all for snow but the timing now was not the best considering the races this weekend.

My biggest problem is the temperature because the forecast is looking like around -12C for Vårgårda and -20C on Friday. And to be honest the only clothes I have that can take these kind of temperatures are ski clothes. Yes, I now introduce the term byxvurpa...which is a fall that is caused by catching the crotch of your baggy ski pants on your seat during dismount. I already gave a preview of this at Introcross a few times. Which brings me to the next issue of how they are going to prepare the course. If they shovel/plough the course it will be slippery as hell all the time and those that happen to have a set of skis in the depå will be at a great advantage. In fact I wonder if covering my tires with Blue Extra would give me more grip? Or I guess -12C is getting into the Green or even Polar range of waxes.

I have paid my money mostly as a donation because Vårgårda CK was kind enough to arrange races when other clubs gave up and cancelled for no good reason. And that should be rewarded. But with the current weather conditions I will actually be faster and warmer if I carry the bike and run the whole course. Cross half-marathon anyone?

0 kommentarer:

MTB marathons 2012

  • Dalsland X-Country
  • Karolinertrampet
  • Farrisrunden
  • Mörksuggejakten

Ski marathons 2011

  • UlricehamnsLoppet 40km

CX races in 2010/2011

  • 25 sept - Tidan
  • 2 okt - GBGcrossen 1
  • 10 okt - GBGcrossen 2
  • 16 okt - Falun
  • 17 okt - Ludvika
  • 23 okt - Lidköping
  • 30 okt - Stockholm Kungsan
  • 31 okt - Stockholm Frescati
  • 6 nov - Borås
  • 7 nov - Göteborg Slottsskogsvallen
  • 13 nov - SM Kumla
  • 14 nov - Söderköping
  • 28 nov - Luciacrossen
  • 8 jan - Södra Sandby

MTB marathons 2010

  • 29 maj Den Långa Dagen 90km - Ludvika
  • 5 juni Raumerrittet 84 km - Oslo
  • 12 juni Farrisrunden 70 km - Larvik
  • 11 juli Mörksuggejakten 70 km - Rättvik
  • 14 aug CykelVasan 90km - Mora

Other races 2010

  • Hökensåsracet - Tidaholm (H sen)
  • Högaliden race - Hjo (H sen)
  • 1:a maj loppet - Kvänum (H sen)

Link pages

Blogglista.se
Artisteer - CMS Template Generator

Popular entries

About Me

Sveriges minsta cykelblogg!

Chris 'Cross' Pickering...elitmotiönar cyclist. Svengelska blogg on cycling from a Canadian point of view. I race for Mölndals CK at the elitmotionär level and especially love MTB and cyclocross. So join me for plenty of CX links and stories of my journey throughout the year. Du kan skriva på svenska om du vill kommentera. Or you can email me at hejchris2 @ gmail.com if you have something to ask but would rather not comment.

Bloggintresserade